I made my first vegetable dye and this is the result....
The piece that looks pink wasn't onion skin dye, that piece was in the pot with the eggs dyed with silk ties. The rest onion skin dye on muslin, some bleached, some unbleaced.
The piece with the face in the moon lower left is a prayer flag that will hang in one of my studio windows to see what happens to the dye. I've layerd two pieces than put a strip of muslin and aother of lace to see what happens. Everything is based so I can take layers off and date results. I won't take them all off at once.
I really like the result and am anxious to try more vegetable dyes.
Meanwhile.... I also did a still life sketch with my Tuesday group.... from this still ife set up
This is my sketch, you can see I altered it just a tad. I don't know if it will get painted, it's in my sketch book and we'll be getting together tomorrow. We shall see what tomorrow brings.