Pages

Saturday, August 12, 2017

My Annual Art Retreat

 
Once again, a wonderful week away doing nothing but make art and swim.   It is always refreshing, the water calms my soul.   Most of the work that I did consisted of starts but I did finish three that are just for me.  The one above and the next two... using family photos that I don't want to get rid of but that are taking up space. 
 

    
Now to find a place to hang them....
 
The water.... that's the other part of the retreat, my artist friend Terry and I swim every day, 2 and 3 times a day, in this beautiful body of water.
And we make art, here are all of the starts I did.  Some of them I may decide are finished.  Others I already know will need a lot more work.  I didn't think about anything other than getting things down on the paper using my gelli plate and a bunch of collage papers I took along.


It was a great week!  Now to get to work on finishing some of these.
 

1 comment:

Joan Tavolott said...

Your retreat sounds like such fun...especially shared with a friend.