I worked out drawings a few weeks ago. This week I finally started to work on the paintings. The drawings were transferred to the watercolor paper and a wash of color was poured over both pieces that I’m thinking of entering. These are the two drawings….
I did the transfer drawing so light that after the first pour I couldn’t see it anymore so I spent the morning untangling those buoy lines. I was finally able to put the first mask on this afternoon. Now to dry and do another pouting of paint.
Same problem with the second one, tomorrow I will have to find all of those buildings again.
There is a fine line between having the drawing too dark causing the graphite to mix with the paint making a mess and have the drawing so light that it gets lost when paint is applied. Time to get back in the groove of doing this type of painting because I do love watching the colors mingle.