Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2018

Finished the Series of 4x4s


The small series is finished, the one above is #15, the one below is #16. It's been fun and I'm learning more about non-representational art which has been a challenge.  I think I will do more.   I haven't set a number goal, thinking I'll just play until I get tired of this and then move on to something else


And this week I finished one from the wetcanvas.com Weekend Drawing Event.  I've been saving teabags just 'cause the tea leaves interesting stains.  One of the images on the WDE was a village and the colors in a recently saved teabag was just right.  This is pen and ink, the color is mango tea.  I'm not a fan of flavored coffee because I like coffee.  I am a fan of flavored tea because I don't like tea. This is a postcard, the teabag was pressed, then mat medium was used to attach it to the postcard, then the drawing. Fun.


The other thing that has occupied my time this past few weeks is a Memoir Writing Class.  I have thought about writing my family stories for a long time but never did anything more than a lot of geneology research.  I learned about this class at Calvin College and decided I may as well jump in.  It's been fun, I have a few stories done and a list of ideas for more.  I don't know if I will share any here.... depends on the story.  Some are only for family.

1 comment:

Liz A said...

I'm quite taken with your postcard ... the drawing suits it to a tee (sorry, couldn't resist)