Pages

Friday, July 13, 2018

More Dailies

I said there would be 37, I meant 27.  Numbers are not my thing.  Here is the 3rd one and I have been good about getting them done.  This is day 7.  Here are days 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 and 13. 





 Today's is a little different, it's 6x6 on a wood cradle.  I went directly to the wood rather than work on paper which will eventually be attached to a wood cradle.  These berry pickers are family and friends.  the towheads are my little brother and me.  Our mother is the one on the right.  It was not unusual to take our old rowboat to the other end of the lake I grew up on to pick berries.  I believe the place we are in this photo is very close to where my aunt and uncle built their last house many years later.

A lot of memories stirred up with the sorting and the collages.  It's helping me to recall stories to go in the memoir I'm working on. 

I'm not sure it is officially a memoir; it's stories .... some from my own experience and some based on stories I heard about family and friends when I was growing up;  My grandmother and my dad had many stories and I regret not having recorded them.  Some I remember and I'll include them; the main reason I'm writing them is so the next generation will know the stories.

2 comments:

susan hemann said...

wonderful!!

Helen Lystra said...

Thank you Susan, I love your photos but you haven’t posted recently.