Pages

Wednesday, December 26, 2018

A Collage Journal


I bought a few sketchbooks, mostly hand book and Strathmore visual journals, to be ready for 2019. I also bought one that was new to me and when it arrived I found the paper was grey and more like construction paper than drawing paper. I set it aside thinking I would send it back but in the mess of Christmas wrapping and piles of clutter, I lost the shipping papers. 

Since I'm beginning to play with collage I decided this journal would work just fine for that. I'm also playing with tack down collage which I find to be less messy. Papers and substrate are prepared ahead with polymer varnish, then an iron glues everything in place. 

Our Family Christmas celebrations happened on the weekend so yesterday was quiet here and there were some scraps of prepared paper on my work table and I had already prepped a couple of pages in the journal.  This is the first collage in the new Collage Journal. I'm feeling so so about it but this is a place to practice after all, not working for a masterpiece here.

1 comment:

Madison H said...

Great blog you have heree