Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2019

A Good Start On 2019

This year instead of major goals I'm making small weekly goals.  This week it's clear out the clutter in front of the pie-safe in my studio and reorganize.  Among the things I found, some long forgotten felting needles and the remains of a pair of felt slippers.

The slippers reminded me of a fun day when my friend Betty Kammeraad Dobie was teaching us to make felt slippers... we were lousy students but we laughed a lot... a whole lot!  Synchronicity, one of the friends who was with us that day is heading to California for a month or so.  She is dealing with macular degeneration and the early stages of alzhiemer's so is afraid her sons are moving her permanently.  That isn't the plan but she knows more about her condition than they do which causes her to worry.

Since I found the mangled slipper and the needles I decided to make her a doll out of the felt.  The scarf is some scrap yarn but the rest is from the slippers.. That's my art sketch for today. I think she'll remember the time we did the slippers but I'll have to remind her that the last time she saw the felt it was an oversize slipper.

And the rearranging of the pie-safe is coming along.  That project should be done by the end of the week. My next door neighbor sells wool for felting along with felting supplies.  Now that the doll is done the needles are going there.  Felting is not one of the things I plan to do in 2019, it's one of the things I had to try.... several years back.... and the materials just resurfaced.  Time to go.

1 comment:

Joan Tavolott said...

I'm sure your friend will enjoy remembering the felting day when she received the doll. You are ambitious to start cleaning, but I like that you are giving yourself a weekly goal. Maybe that will work for me. lol