Pages

Monday, September 9, 2019

Painting with Tuesday Painters and Some Inspiration

My studio is getting a major overhaul.  There is constant clutter because of too much stuff so I'm pitching or giving away.  Of course, that also means I'm finding things I had forgotten which can lead to working on it and forgetting the overhaul.  This time I'm avoiding that.



However, I do still make some art.  I spend Tuesday mornings with some art buddies We gather between 9:30 and 10, paint, sketch or draw until 11:30, start packing up and go to lunch were we share for a friendly critique.  In good weather we are outside but rain and winter's cold keep us inside.  There are several indoor spots that welcome us.  Here are a few of my Tuesday sketches....




Another project recently finished.... a mosaic that the Visual Arts Committee at our church did based on this year's Lenten theme.... The Wizard of Oz.  Yes, sounds strange but think about it.  What did Oz tell all of them?  Basically the same thing Piglet told Pooh, "You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."  Every week the congregation got something to hold as they prayed after listening to the sermon, then they put it in the offering plate and we added them to our mosaics.  Here are the finished pieces planted by our patio.


And the inspiration, another reason to get the studio overhaul finished.  Our son was able to crew for a friend in the Clipper Cup, a sailboat race across Lake Michigan.  He took some great photos.  It's time to get back to some watercolor painting.



And I have to share a piece our grandson did... 


1 comment:

Joan Tavolott said...

A studio overhaul sounds like a lot of work. Hope you find more fun things to work on.