Pages

Saturday, March 16, 2024

Changing Direction

 I'm still doing the #the100dayproject but I've changed it up a bit.  Since this was to be a learning experience, experimenting with different media and techniques I decided to work in a sketchbook instead of doing a painting every day.  The painting a day meant a lot of good paper wasted.  


It's spring and my daffodils will soon be blossoming so I decided to try some different views working from a photograph.  These are not intended to be a design, just trying out different views of the flower and also thinking of ways to put them together in a design which will also first be tried in the sketchbook.  I don't think the full on view will make the cut but the others have promise.  We shall see when I finish them.

A few others were done before I decided on the sketchbook.  
 

The sketchbook I'm working in is one I made using all watercolor paper for the pages so it works for this project.  It's not the best paper but that simply tells me that if it's decent on this paper it will be better on good watercolor paper.








1 comment:

Jo Castillo said...

Great sketches. I especially like the stamp. Flower colors are perfect. Happy you are still going on your project!