Pages

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

graphics




I'm learning printmaking. I've done some but not a bunch. A friend who is part of a group I paint with on Fridays is introducing me to more techniques and the many processes for making plates. This week's work is in preparation for those plates. I've posted two... the first is done from scratch, pen and ink on bristol... a very smooth paper. The second one is from my sketchbook. If I'm going to pour a painting I do preparatory drawings first and this is one of those. I really like the image so I scanned it, printed it and took a few things I didn't like out, darkened the lines with ink... the drawing was graphite originally so some of the lines were faded. The result will eventually be a plate. I'll have a better idea how this works by the time I post next week.


No comments: