Now that the drawing is done and scanned, I blow it up and transfer it to tracing paper. Then I turn the tracing paper over and transfer the image to my watercolor paper... this way my paper is free of smudges, eraser markings, just general sketchy stuff. In this instance I didn't want any white so I did a first wash... pour using a very watered down aureleon yellow and a bit of cobalt. For this piece I'll only use those two colors and some permanent rose. After the paper is dry... completely dry, I put the first mask on... the piece isn't as orange as it looks in this image. In order for the drawing to show at all I had to darken everything.... the color is actually very pale, almost white.