Pages

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Christmas

Last week I showed you the White Doves painting.  That image is from a wetcanvas.com weekend drawing event photo by my wetcanvas friend, Connie van Winsson.  Connie is an artist in the Netherlands and I love her colorful work and thought you might enjoy it too; here's a link  http://home.kpn.nl/henni107/_sgg/m2_1.htm

This week I want to share a decorating idea.  We recently held the annual Christmas by Candle Light Program at our church.  It's for the women in our church and consists of a program in our sanctuary, this year we heard the very talented Grand Haven High School Choral Ensemble, followed by dessert in our reception center where several of us act as hostesses. 

Usually two host a table.  In my case, for the past 30 years it's been one of my dearest friends who co-hosts with me, I do the table and she does dessert.  This year she is going through chemo so my dear husband made the dessert for us.  Our table theme was gumdrops.  I found some gumdrop ornaments at the Muskegon Museum of Art last year and that was my inspiration.  This summer I dipped a zillion gum drops in acrylic, let them dry and screwed in an eye so they could hang from trees I sprayed white.  Another zillion gum drops went into styrofoam balls with toothpicks.  Here's the result.
1203091307a
and the inspiring ornament
1203091307

2 comments:

Joan said...

What a fun way to decorate a table!!!! Much better than getting those gumdrops stuck in your teeth. lol

Cathy Gatland said...

You have a lot of energy and patience, Helen, to turn gumdrops into decor - they look terrific. Better watch out for children who might want to sample them though!