Pages

Saturday, May 8, 2010

More monoprinting & another distraction

Last things first, the monoprints that I had to deliver a week ago were for an exhibit that opened last night. It was a good night though I don’t think anything sold.  The exhibit will be up all month so there is still time for someone to buy all of them… wouldn’t that be nice. 

So what have I been doing this week; more monoprints.  I am really enjoying this process and this week got 6 more printed, cut plexi for more plates and began planning some larger. I’m not talking full sheets; however, I have a couple 8x10 plates to work on.  My friend Annie who is the master of experimenting got some great results with fluid acrylics and I know she’ll be doing more this week so she can show me next week.  I’m working on her… she needs a blog so she can share… she is one of the best and I know you all would love to see her work and some images of her wonderful studio. Meanwhile, here are a couple of my favorites from this week.

monoprint boat at the postmonoprint wheel

And the distraction, I’m one of those ADD people; I wonder, aren’t all artists?  Anyway, while I was taking a break from working on my plates I was reading the current issue of Cloth, Paper, Scissors which has lots of great stuff in it.  There was an article about bundling lots of different types of paper, fabric, yarn, whatever and putting the bundle outside to see what effect the weather had on everything.  So instead of going back to my painting of plates, of course I had to make a bundle.  But being an obsessive, compulsive type in addition to being ADD, I couldn’t just make one bundle.  I had to make three and I would have kept going but reason took over; I knew I had to stop and get back to monoprinting.  Here are the bundles, I’ve made a note in my journal about what each one is made up of and now I have to find a place to hang them outside, out of the way because this isn’t something my spouse is going to think is a wonderful thing to have hanging in his back yard ;^).  I think they’d be a great addition but I don’t push my luck… it’s actually his gardens in the back yard, he being a master gardener and he is tolerating the fairy door (which I’ll also be working on finishing this coming week.)

bundles

6 comments:

Melly Testa said...

I would love to see how your bundles come out. I wonder if I could figure that out here in the city...

Anonymous said...

very cool prints!

Unknown said...

Hi Helen! Your monoprints are wonderful! I really love that bundle thing! Yours are cool, just as they are! I can't wait to see what the weather does to them. I hope you'll give me a heads up if I miss it on your blog. **big grin**

Joan said...

Great monoprints!! The bundles are an interesting idea, although I like them the way they are. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Helen Percy Lystra said...

Thank you all... it will be interesting to see how the bundles turn out. I've restrained myself, promised myself I'd only check once a week. This has been a great start to the process as it has rained almost daily.

Unknown said...

Hi Helen, I used yo see you post Plein Air watercolors on Wet Canvas.

I saw the little bundles and thought they were art to themselves. How long will you leave them out there do you suppose? I'm liking your mono prints too. Have fun on your exploration.