Pages

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Getting Ready for Painter/Photographer Exhibit

I worked out drawings a few weeks ago.  This week I finally started to work on the paintings.  The drawings were transferred to the watercolor paper and a wash of color was poured over both pieces that I’m thinking of entering.  These are the two drawings….

day 12 more buoystwo in the harbor

I did the transfer drawing so light that after the first pour I couldn’t see it anymore so I spent the morning untangling those buoy lines.  I was finally able to put the first mask on this afternoon.  Now to dry and do another pouting of paint.

bunch of buoys wip

Same problem with the second one, tomorrow I will have to find all of those buildings again. 

2 in the harbor wip

There is a fine line between having the drawing too dark causing the graphite to mix with the paint making a mess and have the drawing so light that it gets lost when paint is applied.  Time to get back in the groove of doing this type of painting because I do love watching the colors mingle.

1 comment:

Joan Tavolott said...

I hope you find the lines and buildings again. Can't wait to see the results of your pours...you do them so well.