Pages

Saturday, November 19, 2016

Sun Moon and Stars Progress and some Christmas

A bit more on this one and then a break to do some Christmas stitching while I consider where this is going.

I usually make a table runner for Christmas but one can only use so many table runners and I've already given enough away; it's time to do something different.  I saw this wreath in a fabric store and thought it would make a nice centerpiece with a candle.  I  bought some very nice Christmas fabric but couldn't get a pattern so I took a photo and bought some not so good Christmas fabric to try and figure it out.  This is the not so nice though it isn't too bad.  I think it will work just fine in the middle of our kitchen table.

This is the good fabric
And some detail...

The one I saw had little star buttons  holding the tips together where I have the butterfly pin.  I don't know if I'm going to add those or not.  There's time to decide.  Meanwhile I have some of this fabric left, lots of the flap fabric and a bit of the stripe,  Maybe another table runner after all.  We shall see.


2 comments:

Joan Tavolott said...

The wreaths are both great...very different!

Helen Percy Lystra said...

Thanks Joan, they were fun to do. I may do a few more for gifts ... for next year, too many other projects to get done for this year.