Pages

Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Happy New Year!


This little piece done in a sketchbook and clutter free work surfaces is how I started the new year.  Another sketch done this morning with Tuesday Painters but I haven't taken a photo of that yet; I will post it on my website sometime this month. I also delivered 4 pieces to the Gallery for

Evolution VIII 

 which opens Friday, January 6, for a First Friday Reception 5:30 to 7:30PM.  Several of the gallery artists are showing work that is a little different than what you normally see them do.  For me it's watercolors and in a different way than what I was doing back when watercolor was my primary medium.  Back then my work was a series of masks and pours, the only brush work was putting the masking fluid on before pouring the paint.  Now I'm actually using a brush and washes for my watercolors.  Here is one of the pieces in the show.


You can see the difference between brushwork and poured in my last post.  The doves were poured, only the darkest darks where showing when I finished painting, the rest was covered in masking fluid which had to be removed to reveal what I got.  On the other hand the poinsettia is brushwork, I could see what I was getting every step of the way.  I hope you can make it to the exhibit, it's fun seeing what new things the artists are working on and you can do some comparisons.  What you normally see from each of us is still there on our walls at the gallery.








 

2 comments:

Joan Tavolott said...

Love your stones in watercolors. I've enjoyed seeing them. Happy New Year!

Helen Percy Lystra said...

Thanks Joan, Happy New Year to you too.