Pages

Sunday, January 28, 2024

Wow! It's Almost February

 Time keeps moving faster all the time.  But I'm trying not to waste it.  I'm still doing my morning quick sketches and I've vowed to do more with Urban Sketchers West Michigan.  It usually gathers on Wednesday afternoons which doesn't work for me; however, it does do other days and this past week was one of those times.  We met in Rockford at Herman's Boy.  Fun place and lots to sketch. This is mine --


It's going to be back to Wednesday but it will be in Spring Lake and I can leave anytime.  Wednesday afternoons my grandson is here and yes, he is old enough to be by himself but I like being here when he is.  There are also weekend gatherings which I can usually get to.  I hope to do more.

Another major happening here in my studio.  

This table may never be this clear again!  

The overhead light in the studio went out just before the pandemic lockdown.  I got new bulbs and put them in but it still wasn't working properly.  Eventually I gave up but the pandemic meant no electricians available.  And after the pandemic they were all too busy to spend time on this little job.  I have some Ott Lights so I've placed those around and I have track lighting on one wall so I could work, just not at night. Recently we've had a few more electrical issues for reasons I don't need to go into.  Finally, an electrician is coming and my dear husband bought me a new overhead fixture -- guaranteed for 45 years.  I plan on living awhile longer but not 45 years.

So why is the table so clear you ask -- it doesn't move and the light is right above it.  Standing on the table is how one gets to it.  And once the light is in I think a new coat of paint is in order.  And I've had room to spread out for another project that can easily move when the electrician arrives.  I'm so looking forward to being able to pop in here at night and do a few things.


1 comment:

Jo Castillo said...

I love your coffee urn sketch. Just super. Fun to be out with other artists.

The table is cool and how nice to finally get your lights fixed! Yay!