Pages

Monday, August 25, 2008

A new drawing and an update on a painting

Two pieces this week... First a drawing that will be the basis for another painting but that will be another day. The second one I posted earlier but felt it still needed something... I worked on the background buildings across the bay and now I'm happier with it.

Another thing we did this weekend was the annual block party on our street... we had to take a dish to pass. We took a tuna salad, called Tunasian Salad, that has been a big hit every time I've served it. I got it from an artist friend, Peter Johnson, and I thought some of you might like it... it's not your usual Tuna Salad.
Mix together:
Washed Rice, brown or white, we use brown
Frozen Peas
Black Olives
Whole Vidalia Onion, Chopped
Albacore Tuna
Juice of Fresh Lemon
Black Pepper
Proportions are determined by the size of your onion... with a medium sized onion I usually use a couple of cups of rice (that's the uncooked measurement) and two small or one large can of tuna. The rest of the ingredients depend on your taste.

Combine
Olive Oil equal to the Juice of the Lemon
A bit of Balsamic vinegar (to taste)
and add to the above ingredients



5 comments:

Her Eye Zone Art said...

Beautiful job on both pieces. I'm a huge fan of your graphite drawings, and I'm fascinated by your pour technique. Was the background painted in for the guitar man?

That recipe for tuna sounds delicious. I will definitely be trying it. Thanks! :)

Joan said...

The drawing should make a great painting. The one of the man playing the guitar reminds me of New Orleans...that laid back southern feel.

Dee said...

I love your pencil work. And the great variety that you do. I never know what I'm going to see when I come cruising your blog.

So, since I'm a fan I've picked you as an award recipient. You can pick it up at my blog and post the logo on yours. Hope you decide to participate!

Helen Percy Lystra said...

Thanks Anita, Joan and Dee...
Anita, I love your thought for the day on Procrastination... I feel justified somehow after reading that.
Dee... bless you, I will surely post it and I've got some folks in mind to send it on too.

Perpetual Chocoholic said...

I like the one with the guitar!