Pages

Monday, August 11, 2008

an old photo, caryns and a couple pours

I've been away... my week of R&R at Spider Lake... and while I was there I was very productive. In addition to swimming three times a day I managed to get some artwork done. But first... what a thrill to come home and learn that one of the artists I admire so much has given me a Brillante Weblog Award. I'm honored... truly. And there are so many artists I'd like to nominate... have to think about that one.... I digress....

I've said before that I love to experiment with different media... that was the case this week.... Here's what I did...
Sculpture... I built small caryns out of stones I picked up on the beach every time I went for a swim.
Paintings poured... I finished San Miguel which I've been working on for awhile... it's a full sheet; I did a larger version of the sunlight table top.... a quarter sheet; and I've almost finished a half sheet version of "Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay". I'm going to look at it for awhile... I think I want to bring out the shore just a little more.
An old photo... it's a mixed media piece... the photo is of my mother and her sister... I was going to call it the Foster Sisters (their maiden name) but when I told a friend that was the title she wondered who's foster children they were so I've changed it to the Foster Girls.









4 comments:

Joan said...

Helen - Looks like you had a productive vacation. I love the San Miguel pour!!

Shez said...

Your annual get together is good for you, great work, I love the San Miguel too, but Jazz man is up there, hard to choose....LOL Missed you my friend, we have cairns here all over the place from the natives too. So.....did you bring them home???

Helen Percy Lystra said...

Thanks Joan And Sharron.... no Sharron, didn't bring them home. I left a couple on the dock for my hosts and put the rest back down on the beach.

Judybec said...

How did I miss this photo of all your rocks? I love this!!! Of course, your paintings are lovely too!