Pages

Friday, March 6, 2009

Off the wall art and a colorful bowl

I haven't accomplished a major piece of art this week but I've been having fun experimenting... first with a couple of challenges from a wet canvas artist friend....  use a black and white photo as reference and add your own color was one challenge.  I did two of those.... I used crayons... a small traveling set.
The second challenge was to do a blind contour drawing and then embellish as you felt like it... I felt like making it look a little more like the person I was drawing...
And finally, the creativity challenge.  This wasn't intended to be part of the March Challenge... Dream... but when I looked at what I wrote in the middle of the bowl I realized the challenge was on my mind. I was looking for color, I wanted a colorful bowl to put on my office coffee table and I didn't want to buy one so I made this one out of paper. In the process I got rid of some old magazines to boot.
Now back to painting....

2 comments:

jgr said...

I really like the bowl! What a cool idea for using up magazines, too.

Joan said...

Great bowl and assorted art pieces. I was thinking about your mixed media pieces. I went to a watercolor workshop in SC and one of the classes did a lot of work with abstracts and photo transfers. I may sign up for that class at some point when I get over my abstract phobia.