Pages

Friday, February 1, 2013

Playtime

This is a proof, I’ve ordered a piece of fabric using my own image.  I started with this photo and obviously played a lot with the color. Can’t wait to get the fabric and I have no idea how I’ll use it yet.

DSC01612

I’ve taken lots of photos and have so many ideas running around in my head that I can’t seem to zero in on anything.  I should be painting, instead I’m playing with fabric.  Yesterday I spent the day playing with discharging color from fabric using Soft Scrub.  You read right, Soft Scrub, the stuff you clean your sink with.  It’s something I learned about from Jude Hill on her Spirit Cloth Blog.  I had fun cutting stencils from freezer paper, the using some scraps of brown linen did the following.

DSC01624DSC01625DSC01627

No stencil on this one, just the edge of a credit card and a pencil end.

DSC01630

Like the blue piece, I’m not really sure where I’m going with these but I’m leaning toward small quilts or prayer flags.

Tomorrow I’m going to start a painting.

No comments: