Pages

Thursday, February 28, 2013

On Crayons, Snow and Stitching

life is about crayons google image

You may recall awhile back I wrote about wanting that big box of crayons – so many wonderful colors!  I finally bought myself an even bigger box awhile back and I hide them.  My grandson loves to color too and he has the box I wanted as a child but my big box, that’s for me and me alone – for now.  I just love looking at them.

On snow – we’ve had a lot of it this winter and I love it.  What does it say about me that I just realize how important color is and yet I love the whiteness that winter brings?  Perhaps it’s the bright that I love, not necessarily the color.  Then again, I add color to the snow scenes I paint so I must see it.

Christmas Woods

And stitching – I’m still doing it.  I signed up for another Craftsy class, this time on art quilting.  The first assignment was to use circles, squares and triangles for your design – abstract or floral.  I did a small flower – don’t like it a bit – it’s dull.

craftsy flower

She didn’t assign but did have a pattern for Winken and Blinken, I thought about Winken Blinken and Nod and started it… a few variations to make it mine.  This one isn’t done.  It’s going to stay hanging where I can see it for awhile, until I see what needs to happen next.

winkin wip small file

And then there are all those pieces discharged fabric, two of them got some embroidery added and became mug rugs.

mug rugs small file

That may be the dull flower’s destiny too.

3 comments:

Sweetpea said...

What an inspiring post! You do so MANY things, Helen. I had a little swoon over the discharged pieces in particular and then as I read further down your blog, I saw that you have been following along with Spirit Cloth, too ... another kindred ;>]]

Happy to "meet" you!

MulticoloredPieces said...

Hi, Helen. Just happened upon your blog. Your artistic work is lovely. I especially like your mug rugs and experiments into stitching and textiles. Enjoyed the visit!
best from Tunisia,
nadia

Penny Berens said...

Hi Helen....It's Penny from Tanglewood Threads. Thanks for dropping by. Can't wait to see your fabric! And fully agree with the need for the biggest box of crayons. Oh, and love your wonky circles too.