Pages

Monday, April 22, 2013

Finally, some sketching done ….

signs 4 (2)                   wde lis from awhile back

Over at wetcanvas.com there is a weekend drawing event in one of the forums.  The link will take you over there.  These are two sketches I did this weekend, Pepsi Please is from this weekend’s hostess.  

The tile roof is an image from a friend who also happens to be one of my favorite artists, Li Newton.  Li takes wonderful photos and there is always something I’m gonna want to paint when she hosts.  The piece above is one of those…. from a long ways back.  I don’t remember when and I can’t seem to find the photo but I had done the drawing, it’s cropped from a larger street scene in one of those exotic places she visits.

The event works like this -- whoever is hosting posts 15 photos, you pick one and do whatever you’re going to do with it.  The kicker is you need to post whatever you have done at the 2  hour mark.  I usually get so involved in thinking and doing that I forget to time myself. 

It felt good… both of these are done in my 12 x 9 Aquabee sketch book and I worked like I do when I’m painting en plein air. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

These are great, Helen! I miss WetCanvas so much!

Dean H. said...

Love them both, Helen! I really like the fluid line around the pieces...Makes a sparkling vignette!
Don't stay away so long!!