Pages

Monday, April 29, 2013

More Sketching and some stitching

watermedia april challenge

This one was for the April Challenge in the watermedia forum at wetcanvas.com.  April showers bring May flowers was the challenge and there were a few photos to choose from.  Sketching slowly from a photograph makes it easy to get the image; I need to practice working from life.  I’ve been doing it once a week with some friends but we end of doing more visiting that sketching and once a week isn’t enough. 

It’s time to get back to doing something every day, even if it’s a small one.  This one was done as part of a page in my 12x9 Aquabee Sketch Book.  Here is the rest of the page

valris 4

These were done over the weekend, images from wetcanvas again, the weekend drawing event.. 

I also did some stitching… color!  That’s what I am wanting to bring more of into my life.  So here is a bag and pencil case to hold my larger sketchbook and palette when I’m outdoors painting. The pieces are brighter than they looks here.  We have those horrid new lightbulbs which discolor everything.  The bag and pencil case are on a white countertop, not a yellow one.  And why did the white in the bag stay white – who knows.

colorful bag and pencil case

1 comment:

Jo Castillo said...

I so like color, the bag is beautiful. I envy your ability to sketch with watercolor. Super nice.