Pages

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Merry Christmas……

It isn’t on the Everyday Matters list but it is what I wanted to paint this morning.  ‘

miniature tree

Are you sentimental?  I am.  This little tree usually sits in my studio during the holiday season but this year it’s sitting on our kitchen table.  My studio has way to much clutter, I wouldn’t be able to enjoy it there.

Sooooo, here I sit with my sketch book and paints, a good cup of coffee and lots of memories.  There are the little angels from Mother as well as the strawberry she stitched… she loved red and often included strawberries or cardinals in her stitching.  I’m also seeing the miniature stocking, star and tree from my friend Annie, the gumdrop (real one that I dipped in resin) and a folded paper ornament, miniature like the larger ones I made for gifts one year.  The satin bow on top is ribbon from my grandmother’s knit shop, so is the gold chord that I used for the roping. If I turn it around there will be even more memories, like the earring bought on Caribbean cruise, one was lost so the other decorates the tree.

Good memories, I think the tree is going to live here next Christmas too.  I’ll have to find something else for the studio decorations.

Wishing all of you a

VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS

and a jolly good 2014

No comments: