Pages

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Back to doing daily sketch

But not from the list, I’m just doing my own thing and doing it at various times during the day.  It suits me and so far so good.

Here are the sketches done since the 1st…

One of the gourds from a fall arrangement….daily 1 2 14

A row of clementines, my grandson lined them up….daily 1 3 clementines

An apple done with graphite from the set I got from a friend for Christmas…                                                         .daily 1 4 apple

I’m a hat person and all of the women on Downtan Abbey wear such wonderful hats, had to sketch them….                       daily 1 5 14 downtan abbey

When Ed and I go to dinner, just the two of us, I always sketch while we chat before dinner arrives. This time it was at the Theater Bar….daily 1 6 theater bar

I put some Christmas away, this is now the centerpiece on our kitchen table….daily 1 7 14

Sometimes I have to quit before color is added, this time I was waiting at Panera and time ran out.

daily 1 8 14

And that brings me to today, we finished the pound of coffee a friend of Ed’s had given us for Christmas…. it was delicious…daily 1 9 14

And I’m feeling pretty good about getting one done every day.  Perhaps releasing the pressure of getting a good one done every morning helped.  I know a lot of folks start a good exercise program at the Y every January but by the end of February it’s just the old faithfuls again.  Hopefully I will keep up at least almost every day.

3 comments:

Dean H. said...

It all looks great, Helen! One a day!....I know that's what I should be doing.

Joan Tavolott said...

I am glad to see that you've continued sketching daily. I find that is so important! To me I feel like something is missing if I haven't sketched or painted.

Helen Percy Lystra said...

Yes Dean, they may not be biggies but it's good for me... discipline!