Pages

Monday, August 24, 2009

More Tempra Experiments

I'm excited; Lisa Medendorf has been writing a column for the Chronicle about local artists in their studios.  Next week she's coming to interview me. YIKES... I need to get my studio straightened up a bit... well actually a lot.  That's probably a good thing because right now I need to be painting but haven't had time to clear clutter off my easel.

I have had time to do some more experimenting with the tempra resist though.  This time I did some stamping with the tempra before inking.  Step 1 was the stamping and putting a bit of tempra down along with it.  Step 2 was the inking.  Step 3, I drew the pears and added some color to them.  Step 4 was to add liquid frisket (masking gum) to parts of the pears.  Step 6, more tempra.  Step 7, ink again.  Here's the result of that process.

3 pears experiment

The next one was another attempt to add words, this time by stamping.  Here's the result of that

Breathe

I'm quite pleased with how they both came out.  I think I need to hang the breathe sign where it will be visable to me regularly when I'm in my cluttered studio. 

2 comments:

Kat Farmer/van Hookens said...

sounds exciting, like the tempera and ink work, fab effects...

Joan said...

How exciting that you're going to be interviewed for the paper!!! I like these done with the tempera and ink, especially the fruit!!