Pages

Sunday, August 16, 2009

A Painting for a Cause

Evening Race 

This isn't a new piece, it was done last year.  I've donated it to Art Now For Autisum, a worthwhile cause I think.  The painting is one of a few I did following a glorious day sailing on Lake Fenton here in Michigan.  We crewed for a friend on his Lightning and I had Spinnaker duty which meant I only had work to do on one leg of the race.  The rest of the time I could work my camera and got several potential paintings which I worked on the following winter.

Art Now for Autism is a fundraiser, obviously. It's to autism awareness and research.
The Online exhibit and reverse auction is October 1-10, 2009.  Bidding starts at $90 which is less than the painting would normally sell for so I hope someone gets a bargain, it's a worthwhile cause.

No comments: