Pages

Thursday, September 11, 2014

30 in 30 Days, Day 11

Today I was remembering 9/11 as were many here in the U.S.

However, I was also remembering Commerce School, the two room schoolhouse where Miss Dewey came once a week to give us art lessons.  It was my favorite time in school.  My little painting today is why I was remembering.

day 11

This little mosaic votive candle holder is one I made.  I don’t know why I don’t do more mosaics because I do love them.  So why do they remind me of Miss Dewey?  Because she taught us about mosaics, showed us pictures of some beautiful mosaics done with glass and ceramics.  I was in love and so excited that we were going to learn how to do it.  That is until I learned that we were going to cut up construction paper (horrid colors) and make a fake one.  That was the only time Miss Dewey disappointed me. 

Today I also did a bit more on the ArtWalk project I talked about earlier.  It is a long ways from done but you can see a few changes and a bit of color.  Much of what you see may not be visible when it’s finally done; I really don’t know where it’s going to go from here.  I still need to add more grass and a sky and then I’ll begin adding collage materials.  Who knows.  Here is where I am now and what I started with.  This one is definitely an experiment.

artwalk project wipartwalk project

No comments: