Pages

Saturday, July 23, 2016

Throwing Some Paint Around

Landscape #1 6" x 6"
Paint was calling so I decided it was time to do something.  I have a show coming up at the Jansma Gallery  in Freemont, Michigan and I thought I ought to have some new paintings so I've started a composition series.  The titles are working titles, I'll name then when the series is done.  Non-representational is something I haven't done much of.  It's so much easier for me to compose when I have an object that I'm focusing on.  Working on composition without an object seemed like it would be a good exercise and I'm finding I like playing with paint and collage this way.

First landscapes....
Landscape #2 6" x 6"

Landscape #3 8" x 8"

There is one more, a 10' x 10" no photograph yet.   There are also a couple using the grid as a composition, also not photographed yet.  

Now I'm working on the cruciform and I'm liking that best... so far.  I'll be doing more of these.

Cruciform #1 8"x 8"

Cruciform #2 6" x 6"
And I'm still spending a little time with needle and thread every day.

2 comments:

Terry said...

I love your new experiments! Beautiful colors!

Helen Percy Lystra said...

Thank you Terry.