Pages

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

final pour and a print

Here is the final pour... you can see that it's almost all mask and looking a mess but this week I'll be removing that mask and I'll see if I got what I wanted. If I don't like it there are things I can do to save it but that's getting ahead of myself. I'll show you the result even if I'm not happy with it... and if that turns out to be the case, I'll show you what I'll do to save it.

Meanwhile... printmaking... something else I'm playing with and the pears are the first print I pulled... the very light color on the pears is not from the print... I added that because I had a mat and frame that fit but it's a cream color and didn't look right... since I'm not going to be selling this piece it doesn't have to be authentic so I used a light touch of colored pencil to make the pears match the mat....

3 comments:

DIANE TASSELMYER said...

I can't wait to see the final painting after the masking is removed. The pears are wonderful and I want to try to that idea of running my car tire over the whole thing to print. What fun!!!

Joan said...

This is the stage where you hold your breath to see what happened under all that masking. Can't wait! Lovely print of the pears!!

Shez said...

Had a good giggle with the car tire thing......Boy could you take out your frustrations, and produce a piece of art, with that one!!!LOL
I'm all for it!!

Sorry I missed this part with the masking, and waiting, of the boats. Boy it's a long process, you have the patience of "Jobe" Helen. Me. I'd be picking at it to see the result.