Pages

Monday, September 20, 2010

The Sketchbook Project

sketchbook project

I signed up this morning after reading about the project on Diahn Ott’s Facebook page.  I’ve been a member of The Art House on-line cooperative for awhile so I knew about the project and every now and then I’d think, yes, I should do that because I do a lot of sketching.  Reading Diahn’s post and the interesting theme she got grabbed my attention again and this time I acted on it.  My theme is “In Five Minutes.”  Details about the project are here if you’re interested in participating or if you just want to know a bit more about it.  Once the sketchbooks are done they will be traveling around the country.  One stop is Chicago and I plan to see them when they are there.

I’ve also started a studio Facebook page, Helen Percy Lystra Studio, where I will be posting what’s going on in the studio.  Currently I’ve got three paintings in process and my mind is churning around two more.  I’ve agreed to do a water themed exhibit in March so that will be my concentration for the next several works.

pirate 2

These are reference photos for one of the paintings though I may not be able to put it in the exhibit.  This is “Pirate”  A Seawind Ketch that we sailed for 15 years.  She may have to hang here at home once the painting is done.

3 comments:

Joan said...

I thought about doing the sketchbook project, but I'm afraid I'd never finish it. I know a number of people who are doing it this year.

Unknown said...

I did one of their sketchbook projects. The book had 63 pages and I filled all of them. I just took it with me everywhere I went. I'd do pencil drawings all over and then painted them later. It was fun. You'll enjoy it, being a journaler!

Unknown said...

I'll check when they are coming here or even the West coast. My local Urban Stretchers are swapping around a couple of sketch books and then when they are filled will possibly be on display at one of the little local galleries.