Pages

Friday, June 3, 2011

Summer is here and the fresh air is wonderful!

Week 2 of my plein air excursions – it’s been a long time since I’ve done this seriously and the paintings show it; however, I’m loving it and expect to see improvement as the summer progresses.

Last week I was at Harbor Island on the Linear Park path looking across the channel at Grand Haven’s Coal Tipple.

May 24 Coal Tipple

This week we biked to Harbor Island again but to the other side of the island.  It was incredibly windy which was distracting since we had to hold things down.  I lost one brush in the water, fortunately it wasn’t a good brush.  

My subject was the pilings and the reeds along the bank of the river.  I intended to do a full spread but the wind got the best of me and I only finished one of the 2-page spread.

May 31 Harbor  Island  1

May 31 Harbor Island 2

Tomorrow Morning I’m heading down to Fennville for a Plein Air Paint Out at Pier Cove. 

I’m also working on studio paintings and soon will be taking the mask off two; I’ll post when I do.

1 comment:

Cathy Gatland said...

How lovely Helen, enjoy your plein air summer - we're freezing over this side of the world!