Pages

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

A Beautiful Plein Air Day

10 16 hemlock crossing sketch

I sketch when I’m painting en plein air and this is what I did this week.  A group of us get together every Tuesday morning and head out somewhere to paint.  This week we went to Hemlock Crossing

They have a wonderful warm room with huge windows overlooking the area and since it was a cold morning we made use of the space.  We’re thinking this will be a good place to paint in the winter.

Before settling in to paint we took a short walk to see the color and my photos don’t really show it…

the start of our walk10 16 starting the walk   a view standing on a bridge

10 16 on one of the bridgesa view of the river

10 16 the river againand again from another spot

10 16 view of the river

Next week we’re hoping to go south to Saugatuck and paint on the Felt Mansion Grounds. 

1 comment:

Jo Castillo said...

Great photos and a beautiful sketch. I love plein air....