Pages

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Summer travels

It’s been awhile but I have an excuse, I’ve been away.

dinner sketch

Earlier this month I was at Bay Harbor with my summer art travel companion and dear friend Terry.

h & t

She and I have been getting away to make art a couple times a summer for several years. This was the first of two annual trips,     next month we go to Traverse City for a week.

Bay Harbor was a new spot for us and a great experience. We had a cottage and the view out my bedroom window was to die for….

out my bedroom sketch

Little Traverse Bay … but a bit cold for swimming. However, there was a pool and we took advantage of that every morning.

the pool morning swim

You can see there was also a bit of fog too.

I seem to be mixing things up a bit in my art right now….

I did some sketching….

sketch of birch 6 12 small file

And some stitching…

stitching blanket stitch

stitching done 6.12.13

Even some knitting….

knitting scarf

It was a good week and I came home refreshed and ready for the next trip….

This time with my dear spouse…

DSC01947

to Baltimore to explore the waterfront and spend time with good friends.

When Ed and I travel together I sketch while we wait at the airport,

travel sketchbook

or for lunch or dinner. Sometimes it’s the interior of the restaurant….

Bubba Gump sketch

Sometimes it’s the view….

Rusty sketch

And now, back home for awhile before my July trip to Traverse City. I have to get more stitching done for an exhibit that happens before I leave.

3 comments:

Barb said...

Welcome back home! My daughter, Jane and her husband, just moved to Baltimore last week for the year while she is at Johns Hopkins doing her fellowship. Their condo is on the waterfront...Henderson's Wharf. BTW Love all your passions.

Joan Tavolott said...

Looks like you had a great time. Glad to see you were inspired to sketch there...and sew..and knit. Enjoy your next trip!

Jo Castillo said...

You do a lot when you travel. Love the sketches and the stitching. Fun to see.