Pages

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

A Productive Day

This afternoon I started some mixed media pieces.  Several weeks back my wetcanvas buddy, Li Newton, posted a Conch Cottage from Spider Key.  I had an opportunity to visit the Key with a group of artists several years back so I dug out my sketch book from that time and here are three of the cottages I sketched.  These are monotypes but will end up as mixed media pieces.  I plan to add collage elements to them.

First, the Captain’s Cottage…

captains cottage print

Just one of the cottages…

conch cottage print

And finally, The Maid’s Cottage

maids cottage print

Before the afternoon session I was stitching.

This morning I worked on a project I started over a year ago…. a quilt/blanket.  I started it as part of a class.  When it was done I decided it need to be bigger since it was going to be a blanket for our bed.  I put it aside but recently got back to it.  Here is the whole thing so far…

quilt in process 1

And some of the newest blocks, a wonky 12 patch,

quilt in proces 3 wonky

and a stack and wack that I may not use

quilt in process 4

1 comment:

Joan Tavolott said...

Looks like you have been busy. Nice!!