Pages

Thursday, June 9, 2016

A bit of stitching and a bit of sketching

Back to painting with the Tuesday Painters group.  We visited a lovely garden,  That's Glenda on the left and off to the right in red is Sandy.
 As you can see there are woods, I loved this blue spruce that doesn't look blue in the photo.  Not so happy with the result but I've been doing more stitching than sketching so this is a good reminder... get back to it.
I do tend to work faster than the rest of the group for a variety of reasons... the main one one being... for me it's a sketch, doesn't have to be perfect. So, two down and still more time so I did a pen sketch of what I think is lambs ear.  I may add the color or I may stitch it, we shall see.

Back to stitching, I finished the France strip, the last one duplicates another replica of a tile from the Pope's bedroom floor in Avignon.
And another addiction... at least that is what I learned it can be.  Jane Davies introduced me to making your own coloring book pages.  I thought it would be a good way for my Creativity students to play with color without coloring a picture.  It would give them more reason to experiment.  So I did one, then another, and another and before I knew it I had 8 9x12 sheets of paper done.  I kept finishing them and then would have to start another so I could demonstrate how I started and where I went from there.  No coloring done for me but I do like doing the black and white doodle.  It's a large size zentangle but the zentangle is more pattern, this is looser and more to my liking. 


This one is a start, I'll add more when I demonstrate for my class



3 comments:

Joan Tavolott said...

Nice sketches from your plein air group. Good to see the stitching too!

Helen Percy Lystra said...

Thanks Joan, it feels right to be doing both.

Paper rainbow said...

I love outdoor flower painting! You have achieved some great results!