Pages

Friday, December 2, 2016

Back to Stitching & Some Painting

Years ago I made a simple table runner for a table that sat in front of our living room window in our old house.  One side was Christmas fabric, at least I thought of it as Christmas.  I was with my mother-in-law and sister-in-law at the time and they didn't think it looked like Christmas at all.  We all have different taste don't we.

Anyway, the other side was just plain burgundy so when Christmas was over, it was turned over and pretty much stayed there all year.  Eventually the fabric faded badly along with the boarder binding which showed on both sides so I put it aside planning to throw it away.  That was probably 20 years ago.  Every time I went to get rid of it I looked at the Christmas side and put it back on the shelf.  I still love the fabric.

Finally, this year I decided to forget the bad side and just put new binding on so I can use the Christmas side.  Here is the bad side...you can see it once was quite nice

And here is the Christmas side with the new boarder.  Not a perfect match but close and now I can use it again.... for many more years since it will only be out for Christmas.


I've also done a little more painting, working on some starts that my friend Annie Morgan gave me so finish.  They aren't finished yet, I have to sit with them for awhile, they'll tell me where to go next, I hope.  These are mixed media pieces which is something I've been playing with for awhile.

I added the pears, no I brought out the pears on this one, added more white for contrast and gave more definition to the line work.  Much of the color was there but fainter, I added to it.

On the one below the lower left side and making the whites whiter and the golds golder is all I've done and I am thinking this one may be done.  What do you think?



No comments: