Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2017

New Year, New Beginnings


Time to play and that is just what this is, playing, doing some experimenting.  I need to know what acrylics will do, I need to play without a plan and I need to do it every day.  That's why I've accepted the 30 Day Challenge... 30 paintings in 30 days is doable.  I've done it before but in the past there has been a specific theme.  This time my theme is just to play and not worry about making a painting.  Sometimes one may evolve but that isn't my aim.  It is simply to get something down on paper every day and this is day 1.

The other thing I'm working on is clearing out some clutter and reorganizing both of my studios, one is stitching, the other is painting.  While sorting in the stitching studio today I came across a piece of my mother's needlepoint.... unfinished.  A lot of my mother's work was unfinished.  She would see something new she wanted to try and go for it forgetting about the piece she was working on at the moment.  Damn, that's where I get that from!  Hadn't made the connection until now.  Anyway, this piece I really like and I wanted to frame it just as it is... unfinished.  However, my very left brained spouse said to way, you have to finish it first.  Well that isn't going to happen so I put it away.  Now it's back out and it is going to be framed just as it is because it is Mother.


It's been a good day, good start on what is going to be a good year!  Happy New Year.


3 comments:

Liz A said...

framed just as it is feels right ... go for it!

and happy new year!

Mo Crow said...

love this embracing and honouring of your Mum's beautiful work and enquiring mind

Sue McQ said...

I think an unfinished story says alot!