Pages

Monday, April 24, 2017

Sidewalk Crack Series


I have collected photos of sidewalk cracks for a very long time.  Finally, for an exhibit opening at the Gallery Uptown in May, I'm doing some paintings based on those cracks.  I don't know if this will get in or not, he's not finished yet but yes, it is a sidewalk, repaired but a crack.  I've walked over this crack every school day since September, 2015. Here's the sidewalk
The opening reception is Friday, May 5, 5:30 - 8:00.  Here are a couple more of the cracks that I know will be in the exhibit...

There will also be a bit of whimsical realism.... like these guys....

I've got to get mounting, matting and framing done so I can't talk right now; however, once all is ready to deliver I'll be able to explain how all of these pieces are related.... there is a connection.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your inspiration is so cool and the resulting art very accomplished. So excited to see the show!

Helen Percy Lystra said...

Thank you Debbie