Pages

Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Leaves and Feathers and a Gelli Plate

Thanks to Teresa Morgan for her video showing how to do these....
After seeing the video I had to do some experimenting.  I collect feathers, love to sketch them, draw them, use them as a stamp or a mask or just look at them in a jar on a shelf in my studio.  They remind me of angels.... I'm also a believer in angels.

And that reminds me of a Mary Oliver poem that I love....
The World I Live In

"I have refused to live
locked in the orderly house of
     reasons and proofs.
The world I live in and believe in
is wider than that.  And anyway,
    what's wrong with Maybe?

You wouldn't believe what once or
twice I have seen.  I'll just
    tell you this:
only if there are angels in your head will you
    ever, possibly, see one."

I have them in my head!

No comments: