Pages

Friday, November 22, 2019

More Dailies, A Class and A Wedding

I'm continuing with the November Dailies Challenge, here are a couple more 
A couple coffee mugs and a collage


I've also been taking an abstract workshop on line, Jodi Ohl's Absolutely Abstract.  It's been a challenge.  With representational work one knows what the focus is, it's what you wanted to paint.  With abstract which I thought of as non-representational until Jodi had us find a favorite vacation photo and use it as the basis for a painting.  Some of what we're doing is non-representational but one still has to design the piece.  I'm still working on the vacation piece, a photo I took in France on our anniversary.  Here is one of the non-representational pieces I did.

And the wedding.... I got to visit my cousins and some of their kids and grandkids in Virginia. It was a beautiful wedding, my cousin Gail's grandson's, and great fun to visit.  I stayed with Gail as did her older brother, Ralph and her oldest son, Rick.  We are all interested in family history and family stories so there was a lot of sharing.  The wedding was beautiful, in the chapel at Langley Air Force Base and we got a quick tour of the base.  

So far the month is going beautifully and now I'm looking forward to a quiet Thanksgiving with friends.


No comments: