Pages

Saturday, April 4, 2020

Going On Month #6 and then there's the 100 Day Project

I started doing these quick morning sketches daily in November, 2019.  This is an early one done last November.

I'm pleased to be able to say I'm still doing them.  The focus has changed.  First it was just anything I saw that day, then it became a morning ritual after my journal writing.


Next it was trying to work fast in preparation for travels with others.  For that I used photos from other trips to work from.




Well, the pandemic took care of the travel for awhile. I still like the idea of working fast though so my current practice is pretty much whatever catches my eye while I'm having my morning coffee. I usually either set a timer for 5 minutes or I start a stop watch to time myself. Sometimes, like this morning, I forget and just start. Today it was yesterday afternoon's teabags, I'd left them drying on the counter.


I plan to continue this practice but I'm also planning to add another one.  The #100DayProject is starting next week.  I participate last year doing a daily collage.  The pandemic has meant I have more studio time so more sorting is getting done.  I have lots of small scraps and ephemera that needs to either go into a piece of art or an art journal … or the trash.  I know that I'm going to use it for the project but still haven't zeroed in on how.  I have until Tuesday to decide.

No comments: