Pages

Friday, October 1, 2021

Rearranging Always Reveals Something

Clutter clearing again.  And this is one of my finds.


I found it on a floppy disc so you know it was awhile back. I don't remember doing abstracts back then but I must have been thinking about it.  

For several years the office just off my studio hasn't been used as an office.  Our house is old and a wireless connection just doesn't go everywhere.  Before wireless my computer was on the desk on one wall and the printer was on a small table on a different wall.  Enter wireless -- it reached the printer but not the computer.

So I got a laptop and moved it to the desk in our den and the office became a place to put stuff that I didn't want to deal with at the time.  Well time finally came this week.  I got tired of walking back and forth between the den and my studio office.  My printer was on its last legs and I had recently been researching wireless boosters. I bought a booster and a new printer.

The booster is wonderful, I can get a signal anywhere in the house, even on our patio.  Hooray! But now it's time to make room for the laptop on the desk where my computer was still sitting.  That never went away though I only used it for one thing -- my painting inventory.  That is the inventory up until the time I went wireless.  The program I had didn't get upgraded to work on the newer versions of Windows so I disconnected the computer from the internet and left it working.  Someday I may take the time to move all of that information to the laptop -- maybe.  

I'm not done sorting but I've found all sorts of old photos and other things I've saved.  So far I've spent 3 days sorting and pitching.  Hopefully I will be able to finish this weekend and get back to making art on Monday.  And be able to do my scanning and computer work in this office just off my studio.  Life is good!

No comments: