Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2022

And the Challenge Continues

 


These are two of three pieces I pulled out of my pile of unfinished pieces a few days ago.  Looking at them I thought they looked done but they didn't really look like me.  At least not the me that is painting lately, they are way too neatly done. I have been wondering what I was going to do with them and another project gave me the answer.

We're going to be traveling sometime next month so I got out a 4x6" concertina sketchbook I purchased awhile back.  It seemed perfect for carrying in my purse during the trip and another unfinished project seems perfect for the cover.  It's another sketchbook I started in a class but didn't like it so I never finished.  I have since been cutting it up and using parts for other projects.  I think this will be the cover.

There's room at the bottom to write dates or destination information.

And that prompted me to make a concertina sketchbook -- just a bit larger -- that I can also take along.  After looking and discarding many potential covers I had an aha moment -- two of the pieces I vowed to finish during the #100dayproject -- the ones I thought were done but not me.

Perfect and just the right weight, sturdy but not too heavy so it will be easy to carry it around.  And I just had a thought about the third piece in the threesome.  I can cut it in half to make a couple pockets, one for each sketchbook.

So now back to working on a couple others from the pile.

4 comments:

Joan Tavolott said...

Great ideas for your concertina. Can't wait to see what you fill it with when you travel.

Unknown said...

These are beautiful. Just wondering....since you seem to paint only abstracts, what do you put in a sketchbook?

Jo Castillo said...

Love the idea. Clever! Looking forward to seeing the contents, too.

Helen Lystra said...

To unknown, I do realism too, just not as much anymore. However I carry a sketchbook with me always and sketch fairly regularly.