Pages

Thursday, November 3, 2022

Two Challenges In One

 I continue doing my 5 minute challenge and there's a new challenge, #arteveryday2022 for the month of November.  I've done the Art Every Day challenge every year and since I was already doing a daily I hopped on that one too.


Today's 5 minute is quiet.  I'm working on some larger collages but those are a commission and being done in stages. 

I didn't join my Tuesday Painters group this week.  Another funeral; we went across the state for the funeral of our long time friend, Frank Leek.  He was the husband of one of "the girls."  "The girls" are my high school buddies and we've known the husbands almost as long as we've known each other.  We all have husbands that are tops but Frank was the one who went above and beyond.  Whenever we girls got together without husbands Frank sent a special treat.  I recall one gathering, we all turned 40 and decided to get together for dinner, Frank ordered wine for us and sent a note: "Like fine wine, getting better with age." 

I've been going to too many funerals lately, this getting old thing isn't fun when the group of friends you had so much fun with keeps getting smaller.  Oh well, we can't avoid it forever, but I am working on not letting the old lady in.

Last winter I was going to try cross country skiing but conditions were lousy.  This year I may try again or take up snowshoes.  Or get back to downhill skiing, I bet my grandson would go with me.


No comments: