Pages

Monday, April 17, 2023

More Flowers and The Sketchbook Revival

 Still doing flowers but I did a few more exercises in the Sketchbook Revival which makes me think I need to play a bit with watercolor again.  And had a chance to gather some background on another Art Tribe friend I would love you to meet, Carol Cousineau.


Angela Fehr was the workshop leader and doing it reminded me of the fun of watching the colors move and blend.  Perhaps time to also consider more fluid acrylics as well.

I did some more sketching too and played a bit with a more realistic watercolor and acrylic floral.  The watercolor wasn't fun, not as much fun as those that were just color.  The acrylic was more fun but a first try at realism in acrylic.  Well not totally.  My first acrylic painting done several years back --


My spouse making coffee on the sailboat we chartered for our honeymoon. His left arm isn't that light in the painting -- sun glare.  This one hangs in my office, he doesn't like it -- I do.  Not that it's particularly good, doesn't matter, I love the subject.

And that other Art Tribe friend Carol Cousineau. Carol's work is always recognizable in whatever media she is working in at the moment. Her primary medium is oil pastel but lately she has branched out using gouache and collage.






Carol is from northern New Jersey. Museums, and galleries in New York City were very accessible and visiting them inspired her.  She was also able to study with Arthur Maynard at Ridgewood New Jersey Art Institute.

She, like most of us, has been creating for as long as she can remember and was inspired and encouraged by her maternal grandmother.

 She says "The desire to create is innately a part of me. The process is pleasurable, therapeutic and satisfying. The resulting piece of art is a bonus and has afforded me the opportunity to be in galleries. All of the above is motivational."  She'd also inspired by museums, galleries, books, interiors, buildings, landscapes, nature, colors, shapes, light and shadows. Travel around the United States and other countries has influenced her art . She added that walking and driving around Michigan has probably had the most influence. We do live in a beautiful state.

You can see Carol's work at the Gallery Uptown -- go see if you haven't already.











No comments: