Pages

Saturday, April 27, 2024

Searching For My Muse

 "Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working"

Picasso

Maybe that's why my muse took a vacation!  I think she may be coming back.  At least I hope so. 


This week my Tuesday Painters group went to Spring Lake Library to see the remodel.  African Violets in most of the windows got my attention -- reminded me of my grandmother and these I painted are more the color of the ones she grew that the library's actually are.

I also tried something different with my pebble pieces.  Most of them have been on quarter sheets of watercolor paper or on 9x12" sheets.  I need some small pieces for the upcoming Art Tribe show so I decided to try 6x6" pieces.  I've done 3 and so far I'm thinking it will work -- need to keep at it.  


And this morning I decided maybe I should try something a bit different before I tackle the next stone piece.  This is the result. It was fun and I like the result but not enough to frame it.  It's a good warm-up.


I'm hopeful -- I will get back to a regular schedule of painting and posting.








1 comment:

Jo Castillo said...

Oh, the wayward muse. I know the feeling. I especially like your violets, my thoughts run the same. I miss them. Your pebbles are great and the new one is good to frame in my eye.