Pages

Saturday, June 15, 2024

How Many Times Have I Written this

My nature is to flit from one thing to another.  Dabble is what I seem to do best, I'm a head in the clouds kind of gal.  It's fun but not very fulfilling.  Focus is better and so here I am again -- focusing on CLEARING THE CLUTTER which is my excuse for not posting here for awhile. Full circle one more time.

I am still doing pebbles and some morning warmups...



 ...but I need to make space to do more of the experimental works that are such fun. And this time truly focus on clearing, not just finding another corner to pile things in but getting rid of stuff.  I recently gave a good size box of art supplies to Momentum Center here in Grand Haven. The Center has programs for teens, a social and recreational program for individuals focusing on positive relationships, mental health, success in school, and overall well-being; and for adults with mental illness, disabilities, or addictions. It's a good organization and it will use the supplies I donated.

I'm working on a second batch of stuff -- equipment and supplies I haven't used in several years but are still in good condition, some still with the original packaging open but still holding the equipment that maybe got used once. Progress is being made. I have a clear work surface so got out something I started quite awhile ago. Time to get serious about finishing it.




And I have these handmade journals/sketchbooks to finish -- I have way more of these than I will ever use since I'm also a sucker for buying readymade sketchbooks for Urban Sketching and other plein air sketching that I do. I may have to start giving some of these away.



A bonus -- yesterday I took a break to meet some Hamilton/Noble/Percy cousins.  A very long lunch and lots of learning since we are 2nd cousins and 2nds once removed that have  never met before. Geneology is fun.  I'm more interested in the stories but the connections are also interesting. And I learned there is another artist in the family.  It was an enjoyable afternoon.

That's it for now.  Once all this clutter is gone I'll post but that may not happen fast, I want to focus on getting it permanently clear so I can come in and work.


No comments: