Pages

Friday, January 18, 2008

I finally decided the only way to start a blog was to just do it. My challenge is going to be to complete at least one work of art every week. One thing that I have determined... I can't really call it a goal but it may help me to move forward... I'm going to accept the fact that I am interested in and do a lot of different things from watercolor painting to fiber arts. For years I beat myself up about that thinking I just need to focus on one thing... remembering my grandmother saying "jack of all trades, master of none." So be it... I'll do the best I can do on whatever piece I'm working on in whatever medium it happens to be.

2 comments:

Desiree's Designs said...

Sounds like ME! I also do art quilts and show them, so much to do and so little time! Welcome to the world of blogging!

smkyqtzxtl said...

Welcome to blogging and thank you for your comment on my blog. I have been teaching art and raising my family for thirty four years... a work of art a week sounds daunting to me. I ususally do my work during the summer break. Right now I am doing Ukrainian Eggs. Have you tried that? It's a batik process on an egg.